PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning with the swap

davehkus
23-09-2006, 17:24
Hi, i live in miami, florida and the weather is hot over here, and i am about to do the swap and air conditioning just came to my mind, is it possible to have air conditioning running with the 3sgte swap?
thank you !

Paff
23-09-2006, 17:27
I'm not totally sure myself but wanted to say welcome.

Be nice to see some progess pics as you go along with the swap mate,just try to take the pics in a closed warehouse so us brits with our crappy weather don't get jealous of the sun.

Paul Woods
23-09-2006, 17:28
hi dave,welcome to TB,providing your car is equipped with AC as standard (i suspect being a USDM car it will) then yes theres no reason why you cant use the AC pump thats fitted to the 3s-gte...all you need to do is hook the two compressor pipes up to the current two on your car and supply the AC clutch with a live feed from your current AC supply source...it will be at your N1 connector on a US model,just do a voltage check on the wire at the pump before taking the engine out and trace that wire back to the N1,then when you do the swap connect this wire to the 3s-gte harness wire that goes to the AC pump...easy really.

nik
23-09-2006, 17:35
blimey dave that was quick..
told you paul would know didnt i...hes my oracle..!

Paul Woods
23-09-2006, 17:45
its only cos im in the middle of doing it on a v6 swap :)

davehkus
24-09-2006, 05:07
lol thank you very much, like they say Paul u are the man lol thanks man !

Paul Woods
24-09-2006, 08:51
you're welcome,i'll have more details on whats needed to do this on Vics swap in the mk2 section shortly.

Mistertwokw
24-09-2006, 08:52
I will be doing it next month on my swap to.:thumbsup:

Paul Woods
24-09-2006, 08:59
if some of you arent aware,ki's car is the first mk1na ive ever seen with AC fitted from the factory....and ive seen a lot of mr2's!! it wasnt previously a SC either or anything like that...wierd!

jasper
24-09-2006, 11:40
Can you take all the gubbins from the Camry and convert a previously non-AC car to AC or is that too much of a ball ache?

Paul Woods
24-09-2006, 11:44
extreme ball ache jasp,the easiest way,and i use the word easiest in jest,is to take all of the air con controls/condensor/matrix/wiring/piping etc from a mk1 SC and do it that way,but i cant even imagine starting to do that conversion,full dash out,harnesses all over the place....makes me shudder even thinking about converting a car to AC that doesnt already have it!

My advice---wind the window down :)

jasper
24-09-2006, 11:50
Cheers Paul.

So which one of you SC owners wants to donate to the cause? lol

Paff
24-09-2006, 12:58
Jasper.

Just invest in a fridge and leave it open or cut some eye holes in the door so you can see and wear itas a hat :) Might be cheaper and easier

Now back to the garage to finish these brakes, anyone else feel funny using Brke cleaner in a non ventilated garage, probly should open the door.

jasper
24-09-2006, 13:01
Just invest in a fridge and leave it open or cut some eye holes in the door so you can see and wear itas a hat :) Might be cheaper and easier

Is that the JD talking again Paff? lol

Now back to the garage to finish these brakes, anyone else feel funny using Brke cleaner in a non ventilated garage, probly should open the door.

Aaah! All makes sense now lol

Sparky
27-09-2006, 09:24
In my mk2 swap the car comes stock with ac and I really just had the whole system retrofitted to a new setup that uses a different gas blah blah blah. Can I use this new setup on the 3vz or am I going to have to rip one from a camry aswell. :(

thanks

superchargedsam
28-09-2006, 21:13
Jasper hate to say bu I binned all that gear when scrapping an SC a month or so before finding TB !

jasper
29-09-2006, 02:22
Jasper hate to say bu I binned all that gear when scrapping an SC a month or so before finding TB !

Aaaargh!