PDA

View Full Version : Yesss Yessss Yesssssssss!

Goldy
25-06-2006, 01:58
I'm so damn happy.... I've finally found the missing link in the supercharger installation problem. I've been hunting for months for a suitable inlet for the supercharger, scouring the bmw parts catalogue but without any luck.... Finally at 1.50am some inspiration pops up. I've spotted a picture on a website of the supercharger installed in situ on a mini cooper S, the thing is it has this aftermarket steel manifold going into the inlet side of the charger...
See : http://www.m7tuning.com/images/desc/agsv3.jpg

I think ... wait a minute, that doesn't look like the part i've ordered from mini :banghead: but it sure as hell looks ideal for the job.... So i'm hunting through the entire mini parts catalogue looking for the bmw equivalent part... when it turns up in the "radiator" section of the flippin catalogue... I mean what stupid person put it in there, it should be in engine, supercharger, or intake manifold section :rant:

Anyways the part i'm after is part number 15
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/k/o/153.png

Its actually spot on for the job! With a bit of luck I might be able to bolt my throttle body straight on... (yea right) but its a step in the right direction....... I'm soooo exciteddddddd :) :) :)

Goin to bmw tomorrow to order it. :odd: :odd: :fruit: :fruit: :hyper: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Paul Woods
25-06-2006, 08:39
excellent stuff mate,its all coming together now....hats off for seeing this one through,many would have pulled the lump out ages ago and gone v6.

superchargedsam
25-06-2006, 09:56
nice one fella cant wait to see it running now !

Goldy
25-06-2006, 13:15
I'm still well chuffed about that... getting well exciting cos I know it runs its just few niggles that need sorting then its boooooooost :boogie:

superchargedsam
25-06-2006, 13:37
goldy what is part 15 as that diagram is slightly confusing me on that part, is it all 3 parts or just one ? If these are genuine mini parts I may be able to get you the part from plant mini in cowley depending what it is ?

Rowdan
25-06-2006, 13:37
Goin to bmw tomorrow to order it.
Well done mate. BMW parts dept oooh, assume the position then:moon:
:hidesbehi

superchargedsam
25-06-2006, 13:43
goldy seriously if its silly money let me know and will make a call straight away for ya and see what can be done as it could be pricey from BMW !

Goldy
25-06-2006, 15:33
Cheers sam, not sure how much it'll be but the gasket was nearly ?6 so it could be fun... Its the part right at the bottom in the centre that the throttle body bolts onto, the numbering is pretty bad on that diagram

I've got the part number if you want? : 17511524439 (intake duct)
and i also may need 17511524538 (Hose)

It is a genuine bmw part so if you think you can get it cheaper lemme know else i'll be goin down to the dealer tomorrow with a tub of ky :welsh:

superchargedsam
25-06-2006, 16:45
have sent a guy a text but he is doing night shift in plant mini and not sure if he will have phone on but if he gets back to me will let you know !

Marksman
25-06-2006, 16:50
Fingers crossed for you Goldy!

Owen.

superchargedsam
25-06-2006, 17:06
Goldy I owe you one fella ! he got the text and phoned me straight away to make sure he knew what to check for and will get back to me tonight to see if he can locate the parts for ya and thinks its a possibility but will know more tonight when he gets there. He also phoned to ask if I was free on 23rd july which is JAE weekend but looks like I will be leaving early as he has tickets for a plant visit which is workshops white coat area the lot, last time he had them I was in Japan so couldnt go but this time hangover or not I will be there, he tried calling last week while I was away so top bit of news as always wanted to go round there ! fingers crossed for ya mate as that was a result so hope he can sort you out as well now !

Garbe
25-06-2006, 17:24
Would love to see this up and running, supercharged MK2, thought had crossed my mind a while back whilst browsing ebay, these superchargers go for peanuts, I'm suprised more cooper owners dont do the conversion, but then again i bet they are the types to pick it up from the dealer and just drive, probably have to ask where the petrol goes

Goldy
25-06-2006, 22:21
Cheers sam, can you let me know the outcome as soon as you know cos I need to go to bmw tomorrow to cancel the part i've mis-ordered.

superchargedsam
26-06-2006, 08:36
simon probably wont know until this afternoon as he was doing a nightshift ! He wasnt sure if they carried any spare of this part as built to order normally although he said quite a few supercharger units went missing so possible they have spares for them ! As soon as I know fella I will let ya know but if your in BMW anyway might be worth seeing how quickly they can get hold of it for ya. Other option you could try is looking on any of the mini forums as they often ditch the strandard chargers for uprated ones so would imagine the aprts you want are kicking round unused in many a cooper S owners gagrage !

Goldy
26-06-2006, 12:04
well I went into bmw... they have the part in stock.... they only want .... ?35 for it :smack: .... which I suppose isn't so bad considering what custom made would cost, and that toyota charge more than that for a gasket!

Keep me posted sam I can always cancel if your guy comes up trumps!

superchargedsam
26-06-2006, 12:09
no worries fella, thats not actually too bad at all from BMW really ! Will let you know the second i find anything out !

Goldy
27-06-2006, 11:23
sam I got all my bits today... thought I've got another problem now.... do you rekon your mate can get hold of a mini cooper S throttle body for me? :rant:

superchargedsam
27-06-2006, 12:21
goldy am hopefully seeing him 2nite or 2mozza so will see what I can do for ya ! had it been a complete chrager wouldnt have been a problem apparantly but will ask about the TB for you no worries !

superchargedsam
27-06-2006, 12:22
whats the prolem with your tb then fella ? am guessing fitment is the issue ?

Goldy
27-06-2006, 13:27
yep.... there aint no way this throttle body i've got is going to fit on that inlet pipe. I can't chop the inlet pipe, its plastic so I can't weld it. Erm so that plan is mostly out of the window now! Unless I can get hold of a mini throttle body else i'll have to think of something else!

superchargedsam
27-06-2006, 14:03
okey dokey will see what I can do then !

Goldy
27-06-2006, 17:15
Panic not m8 I believe I have solved the problem. Found out the mini throttle body is "drive by wire" its got a bloody motor on it insted of a cable... hence why it costs ?300 odd!!!.... Sacked off relocation of the throttle body as its working properly now :) :)

See the project thread!