PDA

View Full Version : Leaks from brake reservoirs - rust appearing in the frunk!

PsychomIKE
24-06-2006, 17:48
Guys,

After playing around with my brake system, actually the brake pressure defender in the frunk, I must've not cleaned up too well and some of the paint is starting to just peel away from the body. Any recomendations for cleaning the area up and sealing the surface again? Want to get it all before it spreads :)

Whilst I'm there, how's that metal bar in front of the radiator removed? Seems a good idea to attack it with a wire brush and getting some hammerite on it as I noticed it starting to get a bit rusty as well.

Mike

adamh
24-06-2006, 20:43
use a degreaser mike, halfrauds should sell something, nothing major. sealing the surface.. you want to spray paint somthing on there, maybe do the whole bay?.. some people use 2 pak, some people use hammershite, normal spray paint plus laquer etc.

that metal bar on the rad i dont think you can get it off??.. cant remember that much!, i cleaned off the loose rust on mine, treated with 'kurust' hammerite brand rust stopper etc. and i have just primered over the top ready for paint. although, im going to put some stone chip on thinking about it, and then some more primer

superchargedsam
25-06-2006, 10:09
mike the metal does come off if you mean the front panel that the latch is attached to but means most other bits need to come off too sort it and likely to snap all the bolts holding it in (welll I did and its a new panel on mine!) ! just as adam says clean off loose rust sand and kurist it then paint !