PDA

View Full Version : Caliper - VHT paint.

Marksman
12-05-2006, 18:21
Howdy chaps.

I'm in need of paint for some calipers, but despise gloopy brush on paint so want to spray them. I've blasted them back to "as new" castings (very satisfying) so there is no rust to cover. Can anyone reccomend a good spray caliper paint? (Or as I've got a decent surface to work with could I use Very High Temp spray instead of dedicated caliper stuff?)

Cheers 'n' all,

Owen.

lodgeman
12-05-2006, 22:47
there is some caliper paint on ebay that is a 2 coat , will try and dig up the link. i dont know what it is like though as i used the thick glupy stuff:doh:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motip-Tuning-Line-Brake-Caliper-Paint_W0QQitemZ8065421300QQcategoryZ43117QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

that two part stuff is a paint so may not be of any use to you but..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Savage-Brake-Caliper-Paint-Yellow_W0QQitemZ8064042618QQcategoryZ23013QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Goldy
13-05-2006, 00:08
I used hammerite smooth finish regular paint in a tin. Its been spot on. I've done two trackdays and its still looking as good as when I painted it :twisted: Its not really gloopy and pretty easy to put on. Gets my vote :)

Jiff Lemon
13-05-2006, 08:06
backing up goldy here; I used hammerite smooth but then top coated them with a normal body coloured aerosal. Still look fine 1 year on and after much M.K abuse.

superchargedsam
13-05-2006, 09:05
if they can withstand MK abuse that should be up to any standards then ! when I used to have a company car I used to drive it quite rapid until I got to MK at which point it lived for the whole drive on the rev limiter and often saw off many a boy racer on the roundabouts with my scarily late braking technik ! The company were amazed at how I could go through pads and discs in nearly a third of the service interval intended for them ! Funny that, think its somethign about MK that makes people do it, gotta be first to the next roundabout and then first out of it as well and on to the next ! beemer drivers were always a pleasure to piss off there !

Marksman
13-05-2006, 10:09
Thanks chaps, all good, muchly appreciated.

Owen.