PDA

View Full Version : noticed something else strange about my car just now...

welly_59
10-05-2006, 18:25
as most of u know my car has got some strange things going on with it with USA bits and pieces on it. i have the aerial in the USA position and when i had the car resprayed the painter found that there were holes for the side markers in the USDM position which had been filled up.

i just took the wiper arms off to spray them black and noticed a P on one and a D on the other, presumable D for the drivers side and P for the passenger side arm. now here's the strange bit, my car had the driver arm on the left and the passenger arm on the right! which says it was meant to be lhd but it aint!

its possible a PO put the arms on the wrong place and this is what i need someone to check please. the arm with the D on it, was on the left, this arm has also got a small indent on the top of the lower piece(bit that attaches to the spindle on one end and has a springed hinge attaching it to the upper piece). Could someone check their car to see if they have the D on the left or right and what side has the arm with the indent please?

mr2aw11turbo
10-05-2006, 18:40
Yep mine is down as P for passanger and D for driver.

Bet everyones runing out to there car now to check theres as well.

welly_59
10-05-2006, 18:49
which side had the indent in mate?

mr2aw11turbo
10-05-2006, 18:57
i just checked mine. the indent your on about. is it right at the top at the point where it pivots cos both of mine have that indent.

or is it on the thinest part of the lower arm on the top edge cos mine looks like it has but i thought i looked like it was bent. hope that helps

welly_59
10-05-2006, 19:56
lower arm top edge mine is on. this one on my car is labelled D and is on the passenger side

mr2aw11turbo
10-05-2006, 20:01
mines also labled D but it is on the driver's side

Paff
10-05-2006, 20:03
can't even see one on mine, got the letter but thats it, will see if I can dig out my spare arms in a bit, not totally sure where they are