PDA

View Full Version : Strange Error code problem, and pants fuel economy ... help plz :-(

Goldy
26-02-2006, 12:34
Checked my lambda sensor yesterday, when I shorted Te1 and E1, the check engine light flashed continuously to say I had no error codes, however when the revs were raised to 2500 / I was checking the signal from the lambda sensor, error 51 code flashed up a few times then just went back to continous flashing. Having checked for fault codes, nothing comes up.

I looked up what this means : Switch Signal No IDL signal or A/C signal to ECU, with check terminals TE1 and E1 shorted. But don't exactly know where to start checking this problem (if it is one)

Could this be related to poor fuel economy also? As my MPG has been very poor recently, however my lambda sensor seems fine on checking it.

Thanks for any help :hmm:
-- Simon

Paul Woods
26-02-2006, 16:38
sounds like a TPS setting fault? no idle signal must be relating to the idle switch in the TPS...have you fiddled with the ignition timing or idle speed recently? could just be the TPS needs setting up,only guessing mind.

Goldy
26-02-2006, 17:38
Not fiddled with anything. I've performed an ecu reset, and i'm going to clean my airfilter and see if that makes much of a difference. I'm a little confused b the errorcode as only flashed up about 3 times when doing the diagnostic check and it seemed to do it randomly. anyone know how difficult it is to replace a fuel filter? That might be my next port of call for this fuel economy stuff.

Paul Woods
26-02-2006, 17:54
yes,use the one from the camry,but its attached to a six pot v shaped engine so you will have to fit that too...

fuel filter is two 17mm banjo bolts and slacken the clamp it sits in mate,2 minute job.

Goldy
27-02-2006, 18:13
Cheers I'll give it a thourough check when I get chance. I'm away for 2 days now so i'll probably have to wait till the weekend :doh: