PDA

View Full Version : Bognor Regis help with V6 please ?

alymcleod
14-11-2015, 09:38
Hi all,

Just got my SW20 V6 back after a HGF. Doesnt pull the way it used to at all. The mechanic told me he tried to set up the 3VZ-FE by the Haynes book and it wouldnt run. He then set it up with the timing marks he noted before but it just doesnt feel right to me. Before when it was sick the mid range was awesome. Now it wouldnt pull my granny out of bed. I know that they can run up to 5 teeth out (non interference head) and I am sure he cocked it up.

Its going to need some inventive exhaust work as well as the flexi pipes are past their best.

Im just moving from Jockland to Bognor Regis and dont know the area at all.

Before I book it in to Woodsport 300 miles away - is there a Jap Speedshop somewhere in West Sussex who might be able to help ?

headcase
14-11-2015, 21:59
If you want to come over to east Sussex I have a look for you patrick

alymcleod
15-11-2015, 05:20
PM me matey.
Its running without the Lamda (?) but I dont know if this is standard practice. Seems to get full throttle on the pedal but it doesnt give that punch at 3,000 rpm. Maybe I have been loookin back with rose tinted Oakleys but I would be happier to get a pro loo
k at it

Goreden
15-11-2015, 08:11
Great offer from Patrick there bud, take him up on it, i'd be walking everywhere if it weren't for Patrick

gavsdavs
15-11-2015, 09:01
Go see Patrick - better than hauling it to woodsport don't you think :) ??

Monkeyra
15-11-2015, 16:26
Patrick is a pro, he works in a garage and has done his own 2GR-FE swap, and also helped me hugely with mine.

alymcleod
26-11-2015, 17:22
Wow - what a recommendation ! Thanks guys. It goes and sounds like an F1 car now :driving:
God am i a happy chappie :-)

Jiff Lemon
26-11-2015, 17:33
what was the issue?

alymcleod
26-11-2015, 18:03
One tooth out on one of the cams, timing was a mile out and various vac pipes were fitted on the wrong place - and the lamda wasnt even connected. Goes really well now - im sooooo chuffed with it
Hail the mighty Patrick :praise2: