PDA

View Full Version : 2ZZ Engine swap

Chipped
23-03-2014, 19:51
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the standard 1zz engine loom is compatible with the 2zz engine please? Ive had a look through here and on the internet, but cant seem to find anyone that has done this and documented what is required.

What i have found out is that the two engines should physically be a straight swap, but my concern is with ECU and fuelling.

Any help appreciated.

Jiff Lemon
23-03-2014, 22:38
tin, worms, everywhere.....

The loom is "sort of" compatible. You'll need to wire in the lift the sensor, but then the main bit is re-pinning the ECU end to suit.

You'll also need to think beyond the engine - you'll want the gearbox too, then you'll want to be swapping the LSD out of yours into it as well as modifying the changer linkage.

Chipped
24-03-2014, 07:33
Yes if it's something I'll go ahead with I'll look at transmission, diff, clutch etc before it all goes back in. Might get woodsport to sort this for me while i do the main work on the engine.

Don't have a car yet just trying to ascertain the best way forward for me. Also considering V6 conversion but the 2zz might be more open to play with (and have more space in the engine bay).

Jiff Lemon
24-03-2014, 12:31
the 2zz has the advantage that it's a little bit more "plug and play" than a v6! No welding required!

Chipped
24-03-2014, 12:33
Precisely!