PDA

View Full Version : Old Top Gear 1990 - Toyota MR2 & Celica GT4

cdwood2010
21-10-2013, 13:59
Bit of time travel for you good folks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MlP2j6mBD0

snowtigger
21-10-2013, 17:35
Love old top gear , clarksons ok but I liked the blonde haired guy and tiff plus the lad on the bike ah memories.

Plus they did a rally bit with that old guy and when it was the new car show they did a whole episode on that and unveiling all the concept cars why can't we have that back rather than all the dicking around the three stooges do?

Torero
21-10-2013, 17:50
Love old top gear , clarksons ok but I liked the blonde haired guy and tiff plus the lad on the bike ah memories.

Plus they did a rally bit with that old guy and when it was the new car show they did a whole episode on that and unveiling all the concept cars why can't we have that back rather than all the dicking around the three stooges do?

I'm with you on this Tiggs, the blonde guy was William Woolard formerly of Tomorrow's World and the rally guy was former RAC WRC co-driver for Roger Clark called Tony Mason.

I really liked the new format when it originally came out but after a while it went stale and ran out of steam a little. In the early days there was a lot more car related information but less technical stuff. Personally I think somenone like Jason Plato as a fourth member of the current line up would add a lot more zing to the format as he would be able to give us all the techie stuff in a well presented and entertaining way.

snowtigger
21-10-2013, 21:55
I prefer the American version as you've got the short arse racing car driver the redneck hippie type and the loud mouthed opinionated New Yorker comedian, oh wait a mo that's just like ours ffs .

cdwood2010
22-10-2013, 01:01
What about the Australian version with the short cheeky one, the slightly yuppie hippie and the loudmouth fucker....

Oh hang on.

Grenade
23-10-2013, 00:57
The current BBC version of Top Gear is great, and 2 years agao I went on a quest with the DVR and I have seen every available episode/season for the last several years. The seasons seem to get shorter and shorter and yes, they've run out of steam. They are getting a bit older and seemed like they were more fun previously. Still one of my favorite shows.

I like Fifth Gear too but it took several shows before I appreciated who the presenters actually were and the personalities. It's good, but a bit dry.

The American version is fun, The redneck hippie is Rutledge Wood and Nascar presenter and his other TV co-workers always picked on him. Now he has his own show. Totally nice guy, a bit of a dork though. The New York Comedian Adam Ferrara, he has a rough background and is very tame on the show. The short race car driver, Tanner Foust is a rally/drift & X-Games guy- They make it work but overall, they're trying to capture what the early days of the UK Top Gear started. They even make their own versions of ideas that Clarkson, May & Hammond have already completed.

I'm just glad we have shows like these to watch. I eat, sleep & drink Petrol. Well, not really- I drink Canadian beer. Ice Cold Labatt's Blue Pilsner Beer.:booz: