PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping service

Mr2karl_tbar
14-08-2013, 12:41
Hi guys

I have permission from the big man for this but I'm contemplating offering a vinyl wrapping service from anything from smal interior parts to full panels. And cars.

I want guage the interest this would receive and pricing people would be happy paying to see whether its feasible to do or not.

All input is appreciated

cdwood2010
23-08-2013, 00:33
Actually Karl I've been giving this some thought.

Wrapping is not really my style, but window tinting is. I've got some 15% here to do the Merc, and some 35% to do the front windows.

I did my SubyRoo a while back and it was ok, but not the best job in the world.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2013/08/360.jpg

I would love the Merc done the same, trouble is its a bit of an art, you need a still day, or somewhere indoors, not too hot, not raining etc.

If you were to do wrapping / tinting / other similar stuff etc I think you could probably keep yourself quite busy.

I for one would pay a fair price just to have the car done (Bosh!) in one go.

Just a thought.

C.

Mr2karl_tbar
23-08-2013, 01:20
Yeah this is definitely something else I would offer. Obviously things like that tint I supply would be on a basis that its certified road legal. I would refuse to fit anything that is not legal eve if bought by customer unless specifically being used as a track car etc ie not on the British roads

I will get some pricing together based on what I have done and see what people think

Torero
23-08-2013, 08:39
Karl, I think fitting 'non-legal' is fine as long as you obtain and retain a disclaimer from the owner to say that it is for track use (or any other acceptable exception).

I agree that window tinting is a better option that would appeal to more people.

Mr2karl_tbar
23-08-2013, 08:50
Cheers mate. Will sit down today and work out some bits.

Les85
23-08-2013, 09:45
I think the only ones you have to worry about legality wise are the front door windows, the rest you can have as dark as you like.

cdwood2010
23-08-2013, 10:32
Bought my tint from these guys, and theres a lot of information on the legalities in their listings.

http://tinyurl.com/kp7telk

nik
23-08-2013, 11:02
How about pre cut tints for the Mr2? I have a roll of tint but never got round to using it looks like too much of a ball ache cutting in situ. Would def buy some pre cut for the rear and quarter glass.

Mr2karl_tbar
23-08-2013, 12:02
Fully noted nik. If any members are able to assist with the measurements shape etc etc of the mk1 and mk3 would be greatly appreciated. Templates etc an be made.

cdwood2010
23-08-2013, 12:37
Fully noted nik. If any members are able to assist with the measurements shape etc etc of the mk1 and mk3 would be greatly appreciated. Templates etc an be made.

Right then chuckletits, price me on a set of 15% for the back and sides, and 35% on the doors, and i will gladly be your guinea pig.

:)

Torero
23-08-2013, 12:39
Don't forget T-Bar glass as well.

Mr2karl_tbar
23-08-2013, 14:06
Rear quarters @ 35% - £20 pre cut sheet, £40 fitted. (Each)

Rear window @ 35% - £25 pre cut sheet, £50 fitted. (Each)

Front windows @ 15% - £30 pre cut sheet, £45 fitted. (Each)

These prices are based on the mk2

If interested t bar glass is £25 for a fitted sheet and £40 fitted.

Mr2karl_tbar
23-08-2013, 14:07
To note these prices are guidelines and not to be taken as set however of members feel it reasonable this will be the pricing.

cdwood2010
23-08-2013, 14:45
Might be worth just giving a bundle price. Pretty sure I would want it all done and fitted.

C.

Mr2karl_tbar
23-08-2013, 14:50
Might be worth just giving a bundle price. Pretty sure I would want it all done and fitted.

C.

Accepted :)

So car as requested:

DIY kit (pre cut film) £65

Film fitted £120

jimi
23-08-2013, 18:06
I think it's worth putting up this article from Fimmo (he's been running a window tinting business for over 9 years) about the legality of tinting front windows. Wouldn't like anyone to get caught out.

[QUOTE]Many thanks to Fimmo for the following article

As of January the 1st 2004 the laws concerning window tint levels were updated
Front windshields have to allow 75% light through them and must not be tinted lower than the as1 line on the windscreen (i.e 6 inches from the top)
Front side windows must allow 70% light through them.
Basically this means if you have glass that is factory tinted then you are road legal! if you put ANY tint on those windows, the tint combined with the tint already in the glass will make your front windows illegal.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ROAD LEGAL FRONT WINDOW TINT!

Some people still insist on getting their front side windows tinted, nowadays most tinters will refuse to do this but some still do, they recommend 50% tint as it's light and police don't seem to mind but it is still over the legal limit.
If you get 50% / 35% light/medium tint applied to the front side windows and the police catch you , you will be asked to remove it within 10 day's and to produce your car at the nearest VOSA inspection office for them to agree the tint has been removed. NO FINE, NO POINT'S

If you have 20% dark tint or darker (i.e 5% limo) on the front side windows then you could be fined or you could have your car impounded or if your
lucky you will be given the chance to remove the tint there and then or get your car towed home. POSSIBLE FINE AND POINTS.

All rear windows are exempt from the new tint laws, so basically every window behind the driver, rear doors, quarters and the rear window can be
tinted as dark as you want!

Tinted windows are not going to be enforced with the MOT test!

If you get your window's tinted then by law you are required to notify your insurance as this is considered a modification.

Barry Fimister

cdwood2010
23-08-2013, 22:24
Hi Jimi,

Quite useful, that confirms what I understood. You can pretty much do what you like with the back windows, but the fronts side windows must have 70% light.

C.