PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft Heaven, Well Maybe.

Gary Symons
05-06-2005, 15:00
Had a good day today,

It would appear that the AE92 Supercharger driveshafts are a perfect no modification fit. :D
Will know for sure when I get the engine positioned more accurately but its looking good. Guess its now time to grind out the rear firewall and get those engine mounts welded in.

Pics to follow......

Gary Symons
06-06-2005, 20:08
Had a quick go at aligning the engine tonight, one quick question, what is the correct angle for the engine to sit at? I assume that the engine mount plates should be about vertical?

Looks nice to finally see that 3SGTE in the engine bay, even though it is currently supported by wooden planks. If all goes to plan should have the mounts tacked into position tomorrow.

adamh
18-10-2005, 22:33
blimey gary.totally missed this post.. :oops: is your engine mounted ?.. hows the progress..

Paul Woods
19-10-2005, 18:03
hi gary,engine mount plates vertical,and top of engine mount rubber blocks sit at 90 degs to the plates,so perfectly level engine mounts....ignore rocker cover angle and sump angle,they are all over the place....if the plenum on the intake manifold is 10-20 mm off the top of the engine bay it should be about right,this is with supported output shafts top edge lining up with the rear crossmembers bottom edge viewed from behind....that should get you somewhere near mate.

Gary Symons
21-10-2005, 19:46
Thanks for the quick reply guys :lol: (check the date i posted that).

Engine has been in, then removed, and all is well. Still fixing the rear bodywork up at the moment. Also currently rebuilding the rear suspension, will hopefully have the car back on its wheels tomorrow so I can turn it around and start to sort the front out.

adamh
21-10-2005, 20:07
:oops:
looking good then ;)