PDA

View Full Version : 1MZ-FE Jig needed for 1MZ

swong46
24-01-2013, 05:00
Hello, wondering if someone has bought the jig from Paul to make the motor mounts? I would like to buy or rent yours. Would love to just buy it from Paul but a used one is just so much more economical for me. I only need it for a few days. I can get extra mounts laser cut if anyone is interested in them.

cdwood2010
24-01-2013, 05:40
This has been asked about before for the same reason.

Paul has a special jig to hold all the parts in the exact place for welding, and I think there was a lot of expense to get it just right.

It's generally easier and cheaper just to buy a built one from Paul.

C.

Paul Woods
24-01-2013, 07:23
Swong, as per PM, the jig you require to mount your 1mz into a MK1 is only available through me, it is a copy of my workshop jig and takes 3-4 days to make. I went through my records and i've only sold 1.5 jigs to homebuilders in the UK, and a 3vz-fe Mk1 jig to a US customer, so nobody has a 1mz-fe Mk1 jig in circulation that you could buy/rent cheaper.

If costs are an issue i honestly think you should hang the engine manually.

swong46
24-01-2013, 07:30
Yeah I know, that is what I said in my post. I asked this publicly because you said you were not sure as it was a while ago and it may not be the 1mz jig that you sold. I will be purchasing the jig, just need little more time for the funds to come in.

Paul Woods
24-01-2013, 07:39
Wouldn't it be better for you to hang it manually and save a lot of money?

Whore of Babylon
25-01-2013, 03:11
Don’t forget my sexy WoodSport jig in AUS! Still have not used it yet, but it lives in my bedroom and everyone is like "WTF is that"? Getting a WS Jig is expensive but defiantly worth it as it supports Paul and the time he takes designing mr2 parts.

Paul Woods
25-01-2013, 07:25
My memory is shocking, is that a 1mz Mk1 jig? If so i suspect you'll be getting a PM from Swong.

MMaddict
25-01-2013, 07:48
Don’t forget my sexy WoodSport jig in AUS! Still have not used it yet, but it lives in my bedroom and everyone is like "WTF is that"? Getting a WS Jig is expensive but defiantly worth it as it supports Paul and the time he takes designing mr2 parts.

The chicks dig that? "do you want to see my Wood-Sport jig, it's in my bedroom"

Paul Woods
25-01-2013, 07:56
Well it could work if you rework it slightly.... i'm Irish, so if he said come upstairs and i'll show you my Woodsport jig.....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2013/01/1.gif

swong46
25-01-2013, 16:47

Your PM box is full =P

swong46
02-02-2013, 19:30
Check your PM Whore of Babylon =D