PDA

View Full Version : how does it sound ?

GaryA
18-11-2012, 21:56
Well faced with the shall I stop or soldier on with the tt , after selling some stuff I had some money in the PayPal account so
It's running on old fuel and the injectors are 340s so nearly gassed myself but a few blips for your Sunday evening viewing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnYJUUsf3vk

garyv6
18-11-2012, 22:16
Sounds ok to me.
Stale fuel can do strange things can't it.

snowtigger
18-11-2012, 22:21
Fantastic sounds great carry on that man, slowly slowly catch e monkey.

GaryA
18-11-2012, 22:24
Bit louder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndUgIwK-q4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

cdwood2010
19-11-2012, 02:02
Awesome.

It's like the Blair Witch Project but with a V6.

I was waiting for a scary face or a drippy nose!

Carry on!

C.

Paul Woods
19-11-2012, 08:17
Sounds fantastic, are you wearing a burka? :biggrin:

GaryA
19-11-2012, 11:11
Yeah i'm no spielburg with a camera :freak3: , need a remote start . Its alot more raspy than i thought but the silencers are chambered empty cans off a lorry with brera tips .

I was waiting for a scary face or a drippy nose!

LOL , i can do another one if that ya bag :eek4:

Losmr2
30-12-2012, 21:01
Wow! :-) sounds great!

GaryA
30-12-2012, 23:53
Ah hit a snag , spent 3hrs this evening trying to sort my extra injectors working all the time

Seems my smt6s driver is fubar , constant earth . It's sealed unit so options are

Forget the extra injectors , and just try it with 315s the fuel +- still works on the smt.
Get another piggyback
Megasquirt
Give up , shut the garage door and hope it turns into rx7 with an ls ;)

knightrous
31-12-2012, 00:03
MegaSquirt :)

GaryA
31-12-2012, 00:25
Would love to try it but the cost is quite high for a diy job , when you factor in a stim ,relay board cables , edis or driver mods . It's over 400 quid , I can get a built ems that will do the job for that, 200 more and I can have an emerald k6.
Just wish you could get the megasquirt in UK without having to touch your toes,

snowtigger
31-12-2012, 00:34
I've heard good things about emerald ecus.

AlunJ
31-12-2012, 01:20
Sounding good :icon_cool:

Would love to try it but the cost is quite high for a diy job , when you factor in a stim ,relay board cables , edis or driver mods . It's over 400 quid , I can get a built ems that will do the job for that, 200 more and I can have an emerald k6.

All true (though you don't need a stim unless you're building your own and relay board is unnecessary). MS still doesn't support proper knock-sensing natively either (requires addin parts) so mappers dislike them. The one UK supplier I've dealt with sold me a board so full of amateurish electrical faults it was faster to buy a kit and build it myself rather than troubleshoot his.

You do however get a feature-set much broader than that offered by something like the Apexi ECUs and the ability to change all of the settings yourself if needed without spending hundreds on a data cable. Rather than having to take a day off to drive from south wales out past london and back just to have a cold-start overfuelling issue corrected, as happened to us recently with an Apexi-managed 3sgte. It's all down to how much tinkering you want to do and how often you intend to do it :icon_wink:

GaryA
31-12-2012, 11:13
I emailed Matt at diyautotune , he said to run my system as is would probably take a megasquirt 3 - so have 3 coil drivers , 3 injector drivers then have another driver for the extra injectors . So really i would be better off getting 540s ditching the extra injector setup then i could run ms2 or indeed any ms based cheap ems . I have read that the ms2 although it can do staged injection all the injectors would have to be the same size so 2 equal injectors on the same cyl
Ive emailed perfect power to see if i'm missing something they normally get back quite quickly.

The knock control was one of the reasons i went piggy back , a cheap way of keeping knock control and thats why i went with 315 injectors as the toyota ecu wants high impedence . It all has a knock on effect ..bugger

GaryA
31-12-2012, 18:49
Took the smt6 apart , full of polystyrene balls glued to the circuit. Cut it away from the inj driver. Putting pressure on it turns the injectors on off so guess its had it , tried connecting to the laptop but now that has stopped working. So I did the only thing I could ,kick the shit out of the laptop .
This car is christine !
Very close to admitting defeat .

GaryA
02-02-2013, 15:40
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2013/02/12.jpg (http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/DemonTweeker/VIDEO0035_zpsf348b49f.mp4)

Well ive given up on the old ecu with a piggyback , i just can't get it to run any sense. Looking on log of the smt6 seems the airflow meter is so far behind what the engine is doing that it just ends up all over the place and even if i back the voltage off to almost shut im still getting too much fuel with the 315 cc (7mge) injectors for cold starting which means i would have to fix the coolant temp so it reads warm all the time then warm the engine aa bit like trying to get an old mini going with no choke (if you remember those days :thumbsup: )
So it will have to be speed density on a standalone , still doing research on whats best but megasquirt 2 with 3 ign and 3 inj channels added looks like the most cost effective for the home builder .
Then i'm thinking if i can get it running ok then i'll pull the engine and try and mount the turbos on the engine ,.
Should of done it right from the start really :icon_confused:

snowtigger
02-02-2013, 16:45
Syvecs looks the dogs danglies Irkutsk what I'm going to be using when I turbo the 2gr

GaryA
02-02-2013, 16:51
Yeah would be nice but I've got another lady to please due the middle of April so although I would like to finish it one day I need to keep my spending in check

hmmmmm
03-02-2013, 00:48
Wy do you need the extra outputs? If you want cost effective, the ford edis system is simple and cheap, and no need for extra outputs. You could run it of a MS1 if you wanted to. Its a bit slow though, but MS2 will do the job just fine without any extra's.

Using the MS-II PCBv3 or V3.57 ECUwith MS2/Extra 2.0.1 or later code

Build the ECU up to trigger from the VR Input. Jumper TachSelect to VRIN and TSEL to VROUT.
We will need a 5 volt pull up on the ignition output.

For a V3.0 board, run a 270 ohm resistor from the 5 volt source in the proto area or the right side of R24 to the top (negative) lead of D14, and run a jumper wire from the negative lead of D14 to IGN.
For a V3.57 board, run a jumper from PAD1 to the center hole of the Q16 slot, remove Q16 if fitted, and run a 330 ohm resistor from PAD4 to PAD1.

We'll also need a second trigger input. Solder a 1K resistor onto a length of wire, and cover the resistor with heat shrink tubing. Connect this resistor-on-a-wire combination from JS10 to SPR1 (for a V3.0 board) or PAD7 (for a V3.57 board).
Solder a 470 ohm resistor onto a length of wire and cover with heat shrink tubing. Run this resistor-on-a-wire from the 5 volt terminal in the proto area to the same input pin (SPR1 or PAD7) used in the previous step.
Connect a 0.1 uF capacitor from JS10 to SG or the proto area ground.
That's it!

GaryA
03-02-2013, 11:35
Not keen on edis , ms 2 can handle wasted spark its just more stuff to buy and shipping from the us is well a bit ott.
Had it in my head that semi seq fuel would be nice but have to be carefwith the pennies so batch fire is leasie

Above all though is the thought can I build a megasquirt do I want to throw £500 + when you add in everything at something I probwonhave the time to do and to be honest the skills
I can get a built one with loom for 400 and some support from Phil ringwood , seems a lot but when you add up everything from DIYautotune kit , stim, loom , coil driver, postage ,duty and vat ,time , t looks quite good

GaryA
03-02-2013, 11:41
Sorry my posts are hard to read , bloody android phone the cursor never stays in one place for more than a few ords and doesn't edit wish I hadn't gone all basil fawlty on my laptop now

snowtigger
04-02-2013, 18:35
Ispelling wods gain lol it happens to us all that and predictive penis (text)