PDA

View Full Version : How to post images on TwoBrutal

cdwood2010
04-11-2012, 16:27
================================================== =========
==Meant to do this ages ago as i can NEVER find a guide on here when i need it!==
================================================== =========

First thing to bear in mind is that new members must have a post count of greater than 10 before they can post pictures themselves. Under this post count, images will need to be approved by a moderator. This is purely to stop ne’er-do-well sorts posting junk in our corner of the internet. If you post a message with pictures it will not be visible to you until it has been approved. Please don’t post it 10 times because that doesn’t work and it’s annoying to tidy up.

How to link a web page image

Let’s say you find an image on the internet somewhere that’s relevant or maybe just funny. You can add a link to a post quite easily.

Here’s the URL (web address / location) to a picture I found:-

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/3/5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

In the message window click on the ‘Insert Image’ button on the too bar. A dialogue window will appear. Select the ‘From URL’ tab, and paste the URL like the one above into the space provided. You can un-tick the ‘retrieve remote file’ check box, we dont need that.

Click OK and you will now see the image link inserted into your message with IMG in square brackets each end. This tells the message you are posting to display the image found at the location, so it should hopefully look like this:-

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2012/11/41.jpg

If you’re feeling confident you can just paste the original URL for the image straight in and stick the IMG bookends in yourself. This is very basic HTML, so you just need the IMG at the start and the /IMG at the end Just remember to put these commands in square brackets.

How to link a Photobucket image

I use Photobucket; it’s free, easy and has good bandwidth. Images are linked in the same way, but Photobucket provides a 1-click link for this very purpose.

If you hover over an image on Photobucket you will see a ‘share media / copy media / get media links’ menu pop up. Select ‘get media links’.

The thing you’re now looking for is the IMG code. Click on it and the URL will briefly change to ‘Copied’.

You can now paste the link straight into your post on TwoBrutal. It will have the correct characters front and back and once posted the image will display correctly.

Easy eh? The iPhone / smart phone app lets you do the same thing too, very similar process.

If you have any trouble, PM me or one of the moderators and we can advise / take a look / fix your post. Once you get the idea though you will be slapping up images like you were wallpapering your mums new house.

Chris.

garyv6
04-11-2012, 19:30
I didn't know there's a iPhone app.
I'll download it now and give it a go.

cdwood2010
04-11-2012, 19:43
I didn't know there's a iPhone app.
I'll download it now and give it a go.

For TB or PhotoBucket? Cos there's both!

TB uses an app called TapaTalk - it's not bad but a bit glitchy.

The PhotoBucket app is awesome. You can upload straight from your phone, resize, sort, manage images etc.

C.

garyv6
07-11-2012, 16:02
This is a test of my newly acquired skills.
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2012/11/70.jpg
Hope it works

cdwood2010
07-11-2012, 18:51
It does work. Give that man a carrot. Or maybe a hug.

:)

ziggywack
28-11-2014, 07:59
For some reason when I try to upload the image strait from my phone it doesn't load with toolbar tab, and the box that pops up doesn't have an okay button.

cdwood2010
28-11-2014, 09:06
Yeah, you cant upload them from your phone straight to the forum. you need to host them somewhere.

We also have our own hosting service, you can upload your pics to that and link them from there.

http://yourpics.twobrutal.co.uk/

Have a read through this thread on how to do it.

Chris.

ziggywack
30-11-2014, 03:14
Sweet!

marieselden
20-09-2016, 08:59
How a newer to gain the post count of greater than 10?

Torero
20-09-2016, 09:10
How a newer to gain the post count of greater than 10?Generally, if you have some questions to ask or want to announce something or maybe even say 'Hi :wave:' then it can increment your post count quite quickly.

If you have a specific reason for wanting to post an image then any of the 'Moderators or Admins' can enable this for you if required. You can post your reason up or PM (Private Message) us if you prefer. You can identify the Admin team members as it will state their role on their avatar, we're a friendly bunch so please don't be afraid to ask away :cool:.

The only reason we state this parameter is that it minimises spammers on the forum, I hope that helps. :thumbsup:

marieselden
21-09-2016, 13:59
Generally, if you have some questions to ask or want to announce something or maybe even say 'Hi :wave:' then it can increment your post count quite quickly.

If you have a specific reason for wanting to post an image then any of the 'Moderators or Admins' can enable this for you if required. You can post your reason up or PM (Private Message) us if you prefer. You can identify the Admin team members as it will state their role on their avatar, we're a friendly bunch so please don't be afraid to ask away :cool:.

The only reason we state this parameter is that it minimises spammers on the forum, I hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Thanks very much