PDA

View Full Version : 3VZ-FE Turbo break hubs or NA break hubs

mr2japan
12-02-2012, 01:42
So I have a 3vz-fe project ready to be finalized. Only thing thats missing is the turbo break hubs. If you have some I will buy them, but that's not why I'm really here. I want to know if you think it will be ok to use the NA break hubs for this. I will be using the car for auto cross. I plan on only pushing 220whp if the NA will even get there.

NA break hubs, or Turbo break hubs?

Is there anything I can do to upgrade the NA break hubs, or replace on the NA hubs to help them in their rigidness?

Ps - The car I have is a 1991 MR2 5sfe (na obviously)

cdwood2010
12-02-2012, 11:08
Hi,

Are you just changing the hubs? In which case do you need the stub axles too?

Or are you planning on fitting shafts and turbo gearbox too?

I'm currently collecting turbo bits to go with my 2GR(hopefully) but I'm told by the dark lord that I will need the whole lot.

Chris.

Paul Woods
12-02-2012, 11:47
I'm not sure what you're calling a "break hub"? Presuming that is the whole hub assembly? NA and turbo rear hubs are the same, there is no difference from a brake mounting point of view, the only difference is the stub axle, which on a turbo has the larger diameter spline, but you can even insert a turbo stub axle into an NA hub if you wanted (pointless but hey!)

Your stub axle needs to match the shafts you are using, so NA shafts need NA stub axle, but the hubs are all identical (apart from ABS/NON ABS which have/haven't a hole for the ABS sensor)

cdwood2010
12-02-2012, 12:46
Aw crap. Now I'm confused.

So Paul, if I'm using a turbo box on the 2gr, I need the shafts complete and the hubs?

Think I have non abs bits on the way.

Chris.

Paul Woods
12-02-2012, 12:49
If using a turbo box you need the matching turbo shafts and turbo hubs, and keep it all ABS or NON ABS as required.

mr2japan
12-02-2012, 20:45
Got it thanks! :) Wish I lived a bit closer to your shop..

cdwood2010
12-02-2012, 21:40
Got it thanks! :) Wish I lived a bit closer to your shop..

Shop! Tee hee! I love americanisms!!!!

This is a shop:-

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2012/02/177.jpg

This however is a garage:-

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2012/02/178.jpg

snowtigger
12-02-2012, 23:16
This however is a garage:-

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2012/02/178.jpg

No that is we're the magic happens and paul and anth weave mystic spells in arcane toyota handbooks, a garage is we're mechanics fix cars or store them and generally tut a lot and say things like its going to cost you, but in my case a garage is we're all the family decide to leave there crap no one wants but won't get rid of.
Some now have "bays" wtf the tyre bay the exhaust bay and the it will never frigging pass the MOT bay.

mr2japan
13-02-2012, 02:15
No that is we're the magic happens and paul and anth weave mystic spells in arcane toyota handbooks, a garage is we're mechanics fix cars or store them and generally tut a lot and say things like its going to cost you, but in my case a garage is we're all the family decide to leave there crap no one wants but won't get rid of.
Some now have "bays" wtf the tyre bay the exhaust bay and the it will never frigging pass the MOT bay.

lol
:rly:

mr2japan
15-02-2012, 04:51
Got the Turbo break hubs.. :) Or whatever they are really called. Either way.. I GOT'MZ!