PDA

View Full Version : Wiring COR relais

Resolve
06-01-2012, 08:55
I'm currently wiring the 3MZ-FE and hoping to complete the wiring today. There's only one thing i can't figure out.

The COR relays has a green - red wire to it to keep the relais activated as long as the engine runs.
In Paul's wiring guide he connects it to one of the wires of the MAF sensor. Now i'm unsure if i can also do that on the 3MZ and wich wire i would need then.

This is the diagram of the COR relais:

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-WUBWHA48.jpg

And this is the diagram of the 3MZ-FE MAF sensor:

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-GH3FJYG6.jpg

I suspect i need one of these two wires as the voltage between them fluctuates when you blow trough it: VG, E2

Anyone knows wich wire i need?

Paul Woods
06-01-2012, 12:38
You can't use the 3mz maf to trigger the COR, you need to find pin FC on your ECU pinout diagrams and use that wire, join it to the G/R and it will work.... or if you get stuck just earth the G/R wire for now and it will run until you find FC

Resolve
07-01-2012, 11:31
Hi Paul,

I know where the FC pin on the ECU is. I did cut the MR2 COR ground wire and redirected it to the FC pin.

Does the ECU only makes or brakes a ground connection on that pin?
Becouse if that's the case i didn't had to cut the original ground wire but i could just connect the G-R wire to that pin to open the COR relais when the engine stalls.

I think i'le just connect the G-R wire permanent to ground, becouse i'm already switching the relais with the ground wire on the FC pin.

Paul Woods
07-01-2012, 15:30
I think you have confused yourself a little there, you don't need to cut the W/B COR earth wire, that should stay as a permanent earth.

The G/R holding wire is a switched earth from pin FC on the ECU.

All you need to do is connect your W/B wire back to ground as it would be normally and run the G/R to FC.

Resolve
09-01-2012, 07:18
Aaaah realy was confused by the 3MZ diagram. On the 3MZ the COR relais doesn't have a holding wire, it takes the earth wire directly to the ECU.

Got it wired up right now. Hopefully i can do a fist startup this evening or tomorrow evening!
Powered the system to check for smoke signals and blowing fuses but nothing bad happened luckily :icon_biggrin:
Only the alarm started when i removed the battery, and i didn't have the keys with me :P afther 20 min. it finally stopped :blabla:

I still have a question about 2 alternator and 2 dash wires, but i'le have to make some pics of the wiring diagrams first.

Paul Woods
09-01-2012, 07:51
Sure no problem, i know the charging/dash circuits inside out so i'm sure i can help.