PDA

View Full Version : Rev1 Turbo - does it have a factory alarm?

Monkeyra
11-12-2011, 23:15
Does it have a factory fitted alarm or immobiliser?

I've carefully removed my Toad alarm, and now the bloody car won't turn over, it's as if there's an immobiliser stopping it. According to the BGB, there should be a box in the passenger side B pillar, but there's nothing there in mine. I've had a hunt around and can't see anything (the dash is completley stripped out at the moment, so I know what's behind there).

I'm at a loss at the moment...

Monkeyra
11-12-2011, 23:19
Oh, and I've also removed all "door control module" ecu, and all the central locking wiring. Not sure if that makes a difference?

cdwood2010
11-12-2011, 23:54
I think it was an optional extra.

Normally there will be some sensor or antenna visible.

Message Mr T - he is the expert on alarms etc, should be able to tell you where to check.

Chris.

mrT
13-12-2011, 17:14
hello...
if you stripped out the Toad, did you join up the wires correctly.
the toad is spliced into 2 wires below steering column that interupt the ignition and starter feed, they need joining back up..
if you have done that then check in the fuse box for a 30amp fuse, youve probably shorted something accidently and popped the fuse..
wouldnt bother hunting for a stock immobi if you had a toad fitted as they probably removed it when the toad was fitted..
deffinatly the wiring below the steering is where I would look 1st..

Monkeyra
13-12-2011, 19:58
Hi mrT,

Yep, I made sure I joined those two wires below the steering column, I'm pretty sure that was the only cable I spotted which was spliced this way.

There is one wire though I think I overlooked and cut out accidentally, which was connected to the Toad. It was a red wire, with single grey bands, and went to a white plug with two pins. This wire was connected to something to do with the Toad... by the time I realised (the next day!) it was too late.

I'll go check the fuse though, thanks.

mrT
13-12-2011, 21:26
check fuses, but I would go back below the steering column, trace that red wire u mention, find both ends and join them, its probably the starter wire or similar that you have got rid of and hence car not starting