PDA

View Full Version : Fuel lines and Accelerator cable fitment- suggestions for best thread for those?

briweekes
04-11-2011, 20:09
Can anyone suggest the best threads for these topics for the 3VZ-FE going into a 91 Mk2 SW20?
My guess is there are simple solutions, well documented, I've found myself wading through threads and get sidetracked by so much interesting stuff going on ;-)

1/The 3VZ fuel line seems to short to reach the banjo bolt on the top of the MR2 fuel filter
2/ The MR2 accelerator cable appears too short, what's the best fix for that & part No?

Cheers

mrT
04-11-2011, 20:52
right o,
fuel line wise I used the feed line from the camry, that fit fine but the return line was 2 inches short, and that was the same case with mr2 line, so initially I just joined the 2 lines together using a inline barb.. and later I got some new pipe to the correct length and replaced both..
you can carefully cut the old lines to remove the barbs from them and use them with new lines..
there have been a few posts about it in the past..

accellerator cable, I kept the Mr2 cable and it does the trick, in my case it was about 2 inches too long..lol
normally the cable is routed under the car on the right hand side of the tank, looking from the back of the car towards the front, its only held againts the car body with some clips,
I removed the clips and after refitting my fuel tank, I just moved the throttle cable across the bottom of teh tank to the left, then routed it up past the coolant pipes and to the throttle body,
then I made up a small L shaped bracket to give the cable the correct spacing..
simpalz..
heres a pic of throttle cable and my elcheapo bracket..lol
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2011/11/20.jpg

briweekes
04-11-2011, 21:45
Excellent info MrT, thanks that's really helpful!!!

aussiemr2
05-11-2011, 12:56
Just don't use Earl's braided hose
I just fitted mine and engine bay stinks of fuel
Turns out its a common problem so I am ordering some Teflon lined stuff instead
No big deal as the fittings are reusable but still annoying

mrT
05-11-2011, 14:24
I just got normal fuel line from motorfactors , didn't bother with the fancy looking stuff ..

adamh
06-11-2011, 19:23
aye, regular 1/4" I.D petrol hose is just fine