PDA

View Full Version : 3vzfe swap, fuel pump doesnt run, checks out normal... something isnt right.

MkII_5SFE
24-10-2011, 21:18
Ive had the most frustrating time ever getting my 3vz to run.
i followed paul woods guide 5 times over.
ive checked all my grounds. (1.2 ohm or less)
ive checked all my wires, even clutch to cor...
my issue is this.
the engine will try to start as normal. i know all my relays work (checked them out too). but there is no fuel.
when i jumper 12v + to the pump primary wire, it runs, i can hear the fuel pump running
when i try to start it while jumpered, it fires off a few cylinders at a time, then stops.. never does it continue to try to run.
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?...99#post4835299
that link is my current status.
if you have any tips or ideas, please
I need this car to run in 5 days or less so i can ship it to my next duty station
this is the only thing keeping me from driving this bad-boy.
( i metered all wires out before connecting, 5sfe to 3vz swap)
thank you for any assist
Eric

hmmmmm
24-10-2011, 21:43
If it doesnt work when jumpered and the grounds are ok i would start with the ignition system. Check that all the plugs are firing (pull 1 out and hold the bottom to some metal, while cranking, without fuel), and check the timing with a strobelight.

hmmmmm
24-10-2011, 23:42
Oh and dont forget the firing order!

sketchy
25-10-2011, 01:38
you have jumpered the fuel pump to get it to run permanent,but there should be a wire in the bottom left corner of the boot amongst the harness that goes to the fuel pump relay.(on mine blue/white or blue/silver if I remember correctly, Id check that versus a diagram and continuity test it too) so it will save having a jumper in it all the time

does it fire once then not again for a few hours(like after it has dried out...Id check cam timing if thats the case, that the cam pullys are on the correct way round, and the drive pin is in the correct slot on the pully. and from experiance/and other's, its usually the front bank that is wrong (and yes Im guilty of that fault, and Im not the only one to have made it))

MkII_5SFE
25-10-2011, 03:27
didnt pull the motor apart. only thing i changed from the camry to the MR2 was the water pump (t-belt was changed by previous owner, never drove it much and fired it up regularly, belt looked and felt almost new) the 5sfe doesnt have a fuel relay, it comes from the COR and EFI relay.
I wonder if its even getting power through the ECU