PDA

View Full Version : Engine no worky!!

davyboy
21-09-2010, 23:06
Hi guys, as per my earlier thread regarding ecu plugs I've sorted them out and followed the wiring guide but can't get the engine to run for any length of time. I've trawled the forums for previous threads but still no luck. Basically will start and run for a few seconds before cutting out. This sounds like COR issue but i have checked for continuity between afm and COR which I have on the relative terminals and also the black/White earth in the AFM plug is good. Also moved the cluster of earth wires from the cam cover to the rear bulkhead in case that was an issue.
What else should I check?
On another thread i checked Paul mentioned the fuel pump should cut in if the ign is on and the AFM flap is manually opened - this doesn't happen in my case if that helps.
Thanks in advance for any help! David.

Jiff Lemon
21-09-2010, 23:24
What happens if you feed the fuel pump with a 12v feed? (i.e, cut out the COR completely)

davyboy
21-09-2010, 23:28
I haven't tried that yet - can I do that by bridging terminals in the diagnostic box? Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Paul Woods
22-09-2010, 07:22
Have you done a continuity test between the G/R wire on the AFM plug and the G/R pin on the COR?

If that is connected properly, the AFM earth (W/B by the way, not B/W as per your post, that is important) is good and the AFM is working as it should then the pump should run.

Given that the pump isn't running with ignition on and flap opened it is either the G/R not connected up properly or there is no earth path via the AFM to ground.

davyboy
22-09-2010, 10:56
Sorry for the trouble -I'd checked and double checked last night and I swear I had it right! Not so, I'd got the COR wired up to a wire exiting in the boot of the car - the one I needed was in fact in the fusebox. thankyou for the words of wisdom! Had you not posted the black and white facts I'd got it wrong there Paul id have still been convinced my wiring wasnt at fault! Oh well! Problem solved I think! Thankyou!

Paul Woods
22-09-2010, 18:24
Glad to help, please send hobnobs to Woodsport...... supplies..... running.... low...... :)

davyboy
22-09-2010, 20:26
Which variety?! Done deal!

Paul Woods
22-09-2010, 20:36
Alfie seems to prefer choccy ones :)

snowtigger
22-09-2010, 21:54
No chocolate for the dog unless it's doggy chocs ffs, I keep having to tell none dog owners or new dog owners you can KILL a dog with chocolate something to do with what's in human chocolate, they love chocolate but it's not good for them please don't feed Alfie human choky.

Paul Woods
23-09-2010, 06:07
Tiggs, "Alfie prefers choccy ones" is code for really it's Anth and i :)

snowtigger
23-09-2010, 08:58
That's ok then you were giving me bloody anxiety problems lol, some packets of hobnobs preferably winging there way to woodsport then in the not to distant future.
Only one request get the coffe machine fixed as I like to dunk my hob in some thing warm in a morning.

Paul Woods
23-09-2010, 12:27
poor Mrs Tiggs

Torero
23-09-2010, 13:38
poor Mrs Tiggs:rofl::rofl::rofl:

snowtigger
23-09-2010, 14:06
She doesn't complain as she doesn't drink tea or coffe.