PDA

View Full Version : another which exhaust thread - sorry

jasongtr
05-04-2010, 10:07
my 3vzfe (oohmatrons old car) arrives tomorrow, i understand that it still runs a std 2.0 NA rear box and therefore i would want to change it at some point, from reading many threads on here it seems the possibilities are endless, and the most restrictive point of the exhaust seems to be the manifold and the Y connector, im sure ive seen people running turbo exhausts too, i dont mind buying second hand and would rather not pay a fortune as i want to supercharge it too and my pockets do end somewhere near the top - so an H&S is out for me.

i want to release a bit more power if possible as on Stephens build thread there was a comment suggesting the Y pipe is costing around 10hp. i also want to release the full sountrack, the car will be used as a weekend car (more than likely all the time to begin with though) bearing in mind i plan to SC it is there anything i should consider at this point by way of a more free flowing system, i understand due to the age of the car a cat isnt needed, i do have a decat off a rev3 NA if that would help keep the costs down a little.

many thanks

snowtigger
05-04-2010, 12:13
Best get a cheap turbo exhaust of fleabay then, or if going totally mad get a fujitsubo legalis r, straight through 4 inch end.

If your going sc later you will want it as free flowing as possible so turbo zorst and different y pipe are the way to go for some easy cheap bhp.

Exhaust makes, blueflame, berk, mongoose, japspeed, h and s, skytune, and standard Toyota turbo there are some with 2 boxes one for each pipe and some with one single box, look up YouTube for sounds of the exhausts.

jasongtr
05-04-2010, 12:19
just seen the berk on a woodsport 355 rep, it howls nicely at full chat, maybe ill get one of those if they are not too much £££

snowtigger
05-04-2010, 18:27
That's the most expensive of the bunch expect any where between £350 and £450 for the berk, the others are cheaper like the mongoose, blueflame,japspeed about the £250/£350 mark.

Hope that helps tigger.

jasongtr
05-04-2010, 19:56
thats ok, wonder what the rest of the syetem will cost to get done

snowtigger
06-04-2010, 00:16
welsh kroozer has a standard turbo zorst for sale for £40 notes take that and go to a decent zorst welder and get them to fab up a better joined y section, i bet they would make one for £100 so 140 all in billy bargain if you ask me.

jasongtr
06-04-2010, 08:35
from checking this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAuPoQ58iFU

it has to be a berk