PDA

View Full Version : pauls lilly

welly_59
08-01-2006, 21:20
god lucky i can say my l's properly lol or that might have sounded a bit gay!

so mr woods, do you reckon you'll have a completed twin-turbo v6 convertible mk1 in time for jae then?:drive:

Paul Woods
09-01-2006, 07:57
i have no idea mate,that was the plan however ive now got 3 mk1 turbos to build for customers before then...ive got ohms car in the other two are to be confirmed but it looks like i have 3 to do.

This is a bummer,i really want to get cracking on lily but work must come first,that doesnt leave me any time to play with her,at the moment its looking unlikely she will be done,maybe 95% completed by JAE....unless i pull out all the stops and take a month off work.

To give it a chance of completion i might have to shelve the TT upgrade and just finish it as a v6na for now...road test it for a bit and then fit the TT's.

Fingers crossed i'll get some time to work on her soon,its mainly bodywork left now,oh and ive got to find a company that will cover my hood too.

Ive got to find a way to stop that bloody countdown timer! :D

nik
09-01-2006, 08:42
it wouldnt be jae without you and a 1.5 mate..so even if the bodys primered you still have to bring lilly..leaving the TT would be a good idea cos youd be better placed to demonstrate a NA V6 for future swappers..then TT it later in the year..
as for the countdown timer, simply change the date on your pc to a few months ago..hey presto loads more time..

Paul Woods
09-01-2006, 08:51
cheers nik,i'll def be there...just not sure if the car will be! I might get her to the painted and road legal stage but maybe the roof to cover,just have to see how quickly i can do these other 1.5 swaps.

MegatronUK
09-01-2006, 11:13
Yeah, just get the bloody thing on the road with 'just' the V6 first! You and your ideas! :D

I agree it wouldn't be right if we didn't have Mr Woods' own car there for the TB stand at JAE. Ok, so there'll be cars that he's built, but those don't count :lol:

lodgeman
09-01-2006, 18:03
i cant believe that you have doubts about getting the car ready :shock: youre way in front of readyness of the rest of us!!! just slap some filler on it - wave a sander over the top and brush some paint on the top( emulsion will do):-\" sorted!!!!\\:D/ just hope it does'nt rain...... or just wear a hat!

Paul Woods
09-01-2006, 19:31
lol @ ferrets master plan ... just bring it no matter what eh? i think a few weeks burning the midnight oil before JAE should get it somewhere near....he says.

Limeymk1
10-01-2006, 12:42
I could take some time off work if you need a hand? :smile:

Paul Woods
10-01-2006, 18:40
very kind limey but this is a personal battle... :D i actually made good progress today and sanded down two of the four arches,who knows it might all come together pretty quick.

Goldy
10-01-2006, 18:48
Still 191 days to go ... loads of time \\:D/

Limeymk1
10-01-2006, 19:10
very kind limey but this is a personal battle... :D i actually made good progress today and sanded down two of the four arches,who knows it might all come together pretty quick.

:lol: Totally understand, I don't like people fiddling with my car, she doesn't even go into garages unless it's for things I can't do (bodywork, MOT, tyres & alignment).

Good luck, I'll be in Newcastle at the end of the month for the weekend and would love to have a look round Lily, but it'd be difficult to dump my old uni friends and disappear methinks!

Chris

Paul Woods
10-01-2006, 19:13
the kettles always on at woodsy's if you want to drop in and have a nosey mate.