PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Windscreen

phd68
02-02-2010, 20:22
Hi,
My Rev 2 Mk2 (U.K model) windscreen has developed a lovely crack which is slowly spreading accross the centre of the glass. Can anyone recommend a company that they have used before and found to be good value for money? Unfortunately i'm not fully comp so this will be coming straight out of the wallet!! Is a 2nd hand one an easy option?
Thanks

Garbe
02-02-2010, 22:55
I'd ring round a few windscreen places, you'll be suprised

hmmmmm
03-02-2010, 00:00
Dont know how insurances work in the UK but when i bought my mk2 i also had a cracked windscreen and did the following.

Just took out a insurance that did cover windscreen damage, and waited for 2 months, then rang up carglass and let them replace the window. After that just discontinued the insurance. Cost me about 30 euros.

Mr2some
27-07-2010, 07:50
Hi,
My Rev 2 Mk2 (U.K model) windscreen has developed a lovely crack which is slowly spreading accross the centre of the glass. Can anyone recommend a company that they have used before and found to be good value for money? Unfortunately i'm not fully comp so this will be coming straight out of the wallet!! Is a 2nd hand one an easy option?
Thanks

bit late i know but heres what i would do (bit of a bodge way i know :eusa_naughty:) .......remove trim around perimeter of windscreen ,smash/break a 6" corner of the windscreen (put old blanket over dash top first) top left, kick it out in that corner wearing hefty boots or bfh from inside then wrap some cheese wire around 2 spanners and cut old one out, scrape away old sealent, find someone with a screen already taken out , bond in with Tiger Seal.............cost £20-40 !