PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox dis/re-assembly?

MegatronUK
03-01-2006, 09:42
Depending on the outcome of a discussion on IMOC, I may have a working revision 1 LSD differential (Mark Edwards old unit) available to replace my own faulty unit.

Now apparently fitting the diff is straightforward enough, but it does mean that the gearbox requires disassembling; it's not sufficient to remove the diff cover and remove the bellhousing from the box.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has attempted the disassembly/reassembly of a turbo gearbox before, specifically replacing a differential? We wouldn't be touching any of the gearbox internals as it's a very smooth, slick gearchange apart from the diff problem.

superchargedsam
03-01-2006, 13:27
John if you do this I hope you do a nice detailed report with photos as I would be most interested to see how this goes that for sure !

M2Rtin
24-02-2006, 21:48
John, did you ever do the swap? I too have a LSD to fit to my non-LSD gearbox and was wondering how large the can of worms is..

MegatronUK
03-03-2006, 08:46
No, never got round to this as Paul offered me a non-lsd box to replace mine... eventually I want to get a replacement though - we can't be certain what is wrong with our lsd box :(