PDA

View Full Version : Fault codes 1mzfe

antnkel
23-07-2009, 19:25
If I have a misfire from water getting to the plugs would this be recorded as a fault code on the ecu?

BSM
23-07-2009, 19:38
If the ECU can log a misfire yes. Some ECU's throw a code for misfires.
Water getting to the plugs?

antnkel
23-07-2009, 19:43
Had the plugs changed when it was serviced and was told that there was water in the far left front bank, thinking it's dripping down from the lid.

antnkel
23-07-2009, 22:36
Which terminals do I bridge on the 1mz ?

Paul Woods
24-07-2009, 07:33
Which terminals do I bridge on the 1mz ?

You don't, up until 4 weeks ago there was no way at all to retrieve codes from any UK 1mz-fe ECU, even on the camry you don't bridge pins like you do on normal engined mr2's, only the 3vz-fe can have its codes pulled this way.

We recently found an OBD2 scanner that will retrieve 1mz codes, but you need to wire in an OBD2 diagnostic plug onto your 1mz ECU to plug the scanner in.

This is simple to do because it is only 4 wires and only one of these comes from the 1mz SIL pin.You can buy OBD2 connectors with a length of wire on them from ebay for about a tenner.

All of our mk3 1mz conversions have the ECU wired into the cars OBD2 connector because it has one, mk1 and mk2's don't and it was previously pointless wiring in a connector on mk1 and mk2's because there was no reader on the market that anyone could find that would read the 1mz ECU, until we found one 4 weeks ago.

For what it's worth ant i don't think a 1mz does record misfires, and it should be lighting up the CEL (even temporarily) if it was.

antnkel
24-07-2009, 08:38
Would the link record them as that's what I have. I know there's probably going to be no codes just wanted to check anyway, if I can that is.:blink:

Paul Woods
24-07-2009, 11:45
I have no idea if the link stores fault codes.

Nod
24-07-2009, 12:00
No, It only stores Tell Tails for me so I can bollock you for over abuse of the rev limiter ;)

Lyndon.