PDA

View Full Version : cruise control

vinnny
23-07-2009, 03:27
Hi,

been a while since research :P but im on the verge of buying an engine now.
The engine im after is still a 1mzfe, but this particular one has cruise control and i wasnt sure whether this will work with my mr2 and all the research ive been doing for wiring?

How will cruise control affect the swap? other than throttle cable. Id imagine the wiring to be a little bit different as well for the buttons in the cabin.

is there a way of just ditching the cruise control? and runnign a throttle cable striaght through?

Will the wiring be effected at all?

thanks guys =D

tripod23
23-07-2009, 08:08
hi vinny mines also has cruise control i hadnt given this much thought - as i was just going to ditch it and run the throttle cable to the throttle body ,[ job done ] there isnt not anything about the wiring in the guide so im guessing it doesnt play any part in the swap over. paul and all the other guys will no doubt confirm this for us . good luck

vinnny
23-07-2009, 09:26
haha thanks, it kidna got me worrying too.

i had a look at the engine again today, it looks SOO SWEET!! i can NOT wait to get it in there!! haha

it looks pretty clean, a bit of grime under the rocker cover but no visible wear i can see.

im just REALLY worried about the wiring atm, ive looked around at the 1mzfe ecu plugs, im just not sure if ive got the right diagrams.. can anyone help me out here :P

need 2002/2003 quad cam 1mzfe wiring diagram

tripod23
23-07-2009, 09:54
vinny send paul woods an email hes a great guy and wouldnt see anybody stuck i wouldnt imagine he may be able to put you right with the wiring. there is a diagram for the 1mzfe but im not sure how similar it is for you vvti version.
vinny i love the 1mz mine is from a 1997 camry, well i have the full car waiting to be stripped i cant wait to get stuck in , hope you get it sorted dont worry there is loads of help on here it sometimes just takes a little time to get it all clear in your mind . good luck man .