PDA

View Full Version : Cheeky Mk2V6

OlberJ
12-08-2008, 20:47
Anyone on here? It's in the Uk by the looks of the road signs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmkZPCr5C8&NR=1

Check the way it overtakes those 2 cars! Torrrrrque tastico!

Garbe
12-08-2008, 21:02
I think that's Cheech, Jiffs mate

BSM
12-08-2008, 21:52
Yup it's Ivan (Cheech) I'll not say where it is in case he can be done for speeding.
He has 2 cameras mounted on the car and the quality is rather good!

OlberJ
12-08-2008, 21:58
Guess i better change the title then, Cheechy Mk2V6 lol

Is it now SC'd or is that just intake whistle?

welsha
13-08-2008, 22:32
nice vid, like the quality of the mic - I try that and all I get is engine clatter / wind noise (yeah I know it's a 4 banger)

BSM
14-08-2008, 00:17
Just Intake whistle, mic is in the boot if I'm not mistaken.

welsha
14-08-2008, 13:45
text says the mic is in the boot - I've asked him via youtube so i'll find out hopefully :)

BSM
14-08-2008, 16:29
He is very busy atm with work but i can ask him specifics if you want. I talk to hin on msn most days.

welsha
14-08-2008, 18:09
yeah that would be cool. I'd love to know what recorder / mic he's using and how the mic is setup. All I get is a constant droning noise with an engine tone over it and I've tried everything to mask out the clatter :(

My own setup is a PVR taking an AV in from the bullet cam and a low gain mic - here's an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgRzItriqIM

cheers Allan

OlberJ
14-08-2008, 21:37
All I get is a constant droning noise with an engine tone over it and I've tried everything to mask out the clatter :(

I see you're problem. To get rid of the drone and clatter....

You need a V6 :mrgreen:

Howlin_Mad
14-08-2008, 22:51
As far as recording from the MR2 is concerned you need a decent mic setup. I run a Panasonci NGS-75 triple lens camcorder but with 2 remote mics. The stock camera mic just pics up all the road noise when i tape it with masking tape to the top of the centre console :(

You can buy a splitter that plugs into the mic remote on the camera and then run two remote mics (like they use for doing presentations) and run one and mount it on the engine lid over the filter and run another down to the boot and mount the mic on the rear grill to get the exhaust note.

Here's when i did it on my auto (yes i know it sounds shit cos it's an auto!!!) but you'll get the idea:

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/kgbrisc1/?action=view&current=Untitled_20071223_2.flv

Kieren

welsha
14-08-2008, 23:11
aye brilliant Ollie, cheers for the feedback. Appreciate it, I'll factor that in to the correction factor

OlberJ
14-08-2008, 23:29
Anytime Alan.

U need a V6 btw.

welsha
17-08-2008, 17:15
He is very busy atm with work but i can ask him specifics if you want. I talk to hin on msn most days.
just wondering if you've had a chance to get some details? Tried again to move my mic setup and it's pish lol Dunno whether it's the PVR or the mic(low gain unit) or both :(

Jiff Lemon
17-08-2008, 18:07
I'll have a word with him on monday (I work with him). From memory its a fairly "low tech" setup!

welsha
17-08-2008, 19:16
I'll have a word with him on monday (I work with him). From memory its a fairly "low tech" setup!
cheers bud, I like low tech. Usually means it's cheap, simple to wire up and bomb proof :thumbsup:

welsha
24-08-2008, 15:24
mic is http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=43818&criteria=mic&doy=18m8 and works nicely with my GDR40 and bullet cam. Still sounds like a cack 4 banger but at least you can hear it now lol

cheers guys

cheech
03-09-2008, 10:22
That's the one i used. I've mounted in the engine bay on the opposite side to the air intake as the wire wasnt long enough. Was planning to get an extension for it but never go around to it. The Mic is plugged into a tvcard for my laptop together with the feed from the cameras (got one in front and one in the back, got them from ebay). The reason i'm using the tv capture card in lappy is because i havent found a decent video capture device yet thats affordable.

welsha
04-09-2008, 20:33
hi, Jiff passed on the info you gave him so mucho thanks for that. It works great with mine though a little on the quiet side til it's compressed up and balanced volume, far better than I had before.

I don't have a laptop so tv cards are er not an option. The Goodmans unit works well but its harddrive based so need to protect from shock and the heat it generates is something else lol. Borrrowed a wee DVR SD 4GB unit from a mate but sadly I appear to have killed it so I'm not recommending that unit either. In this day and age why can't DVR's recognise 4GB+ SD cards but 400+ HDD units are ok. Grrrrr