PDA

View Full Version : ST202 Gearbox help...

just1n_mc
06-08-2008, 10:04
I did a search about this but couldn't come up with the answers and I even posted in the wrong forum section but got no responses.

Can anyone tell me how hard is it to modify the linkages on the Celica gearboxs to work in the MR2? I have just come across a BEAMS LSD box out of a ST202 Celica but i'm not 100% sure you can swap the linkages off a MR2 S54 onto it.

I was hoping Mr Woods or one of you other wise gentlemen out there would have attempted this before.

Thanks in advance, Justin.

frisp
06-08-2008, 12:56
I believe it's a common-ish swap the other way. MR2 tubby to ST202. From a quick search -
to convert from mr2 to fwd is all bolt on - basically you need to use the complete shifter linkage from the celica box - however you need to plug up the hole in the case where the sw20 linkage came through

though, you'll be doing it in reverse. Not found a pic guide yet, will add if I can find one.

Paul Woods
06-08-2008, 19:28
it also involves drilling a hole in the casing i believe,for the shifter rod to exit out the other side,ive never done this its just what ive read on the subject.

Why dont you just use the diff from the celica box and transplant it straight into an mr2 box? tons easier.

just1n_mc
08-08-2008, 10:39
Is there much stuffing around to swap the diff?? I've always been afraid to crack the gearbox open and have a play due to pre-tensions and the like.