PDA

View Full Version : got another problem... where do i start???

welsh_kroozer
02-07-2008, 15:37
ok... put my engine in the other week then plumbed up all the coolant lines, fuel lines and connected all the electrics up, then i went to start it, after a few goes, it started for 2 seconds then died.

i checked the fuel feed hose and got a frend to turn the ignition and no fuel come through

so i pulled my fuel tank out because i thought i might not have connected it up. it turns out that i had...

i checked the pump was working, and it is..

so.. i am now in the process of putting the tank back in.

what do i check now? there are no blockages in the pipes or anything, i have checked all that.

should the fuel pump be running if the key is turned 2clicks?? or does it not start until the car is cranking...

Paul Woods
02-07-2008, 18:52
its one of two things....

you havent wired the COR up,very common mistake.... the holding wire for the COR is either on your A or B ecu plug depending on revision.... its a green/red wire.... run that to your Green/red wire on the white boot plug and it will work.

OR

you havent wired up the fuel pump relay or the fuel pump resistor pack isnt plugged in,something silly like that..... if i was there id sort it in a heartbeat.... check your FPR and resistor pack and also your COR wiring.

welsh_kroozer
02-07-2008, 22:32
i havent wired anything up tho, just plugged all the connectors in.. i put the engine in with the loom still atached, and then plugged all the connectors in, is there still any way i could have not connected this wire???

where is the white boot plug??? lol... im feeling so thick now

welsh_kroozer
02-07-2008, 23:15
ok, just looked at the wiring diagrams... so... you recon i should run the wire from the fc pin on the ecu to the connector on the top of the fuel tank???

or am i looking in the wrong place?

welsh_kroozer
02-07-2008, 23:22
lol... ok, COR relay is in the engine bay fuse box? so i need to run wire from the fc pin on the ecu to the green/red wire on the COR??? and then try it?

Paul Woods
03-07-2008, 07:06
i dont think my posts get read sometimes you know lol

paul woods wrote:

you havent wired the COR up,very common mistake.... the holding wire for the COR is either on your A or B ecu plug depending on revision.... its a green/red wire.... run that to your Green/red wire on the white boot plug and it will work.

i'll break that down....

There's a G/R wire thats either on your ECU A plug (pin 14) or on your B plug on pin 17.This all depends which revision of turbo you have.

Now look in the boot of your car at a white plug to the left of the ecu,it has a G/R wire in it,this is your COR holding wire,join it to the ECU pin above.Although i dont know which revision car you have either so the G/R wire could also be on your old ECU plug in the boot (grey plug,pin 14 again).

Providing the rest if the fuel circuit is complete that will work.

welsh_kroozer
03-07-2008, 11:34
what if its not that tho? i used the wiring loom from the other car for my swap. so i have a new loom front to back with the new fuse box pre wired and everything

Paul Woods
03-07-2008, 12:18
i dont know what you've done wrong then..., time to do some diagnostic checks on whats getting power and what isnt

welsh_kroozer
03-07-2008, 13:16
how about, when i got my hubs and wheels and brakes and everything done... bring it up to you with a pack of hobnobs and you can sort it in a jiffy for me and then i can drive it home? lol

i might give my mate a bell.. hes an auto electritian.. he might be able to gimmie a hand with it.

if i can get it running im on the home straight, i can have it back on the road in no time then :driving:

welsh_kroozer
03-07-2008, 13:31
right, i put ignition on and put a wire accross +b and fp on the the diagnostics port and the pump worked.. then i removed the wire and got a friend to turn the engine over and it worked again,

all i can do now is put it all back together and try is again... will report back when i have done it

welsh_kroozer
03-07-2008, 16:52
FIXED IT lol

i put the tank back on, plumbed everything back in... ran the pump for a few seconds on with the diagnostics port test..

removed the wires, turned the key, and "hey presto" she fired up and kept going... and starts first time every time now on the key lol

OlberJ
03-07-2008, 18:03
Thank fuck for that lol

welsh_kroozer
03-07-2008, 18:24
LMAO... i do feel like such a dumb ass! shouldnt the fuel pump run wen the ignition is on tho?

i hope i dont get anymore problems

Paul Woods
03-07-2008, 18:50
no,it only runs when cranking and when the engines running.

welsh_kroozer
03-07-2008, 19:09
kk cool... so. seeing as it runs continuously now without the revs dropping, everything is fine??? i guess i wont know everything until i take it for a drive tho.

Paul Woods
03-07-2008, 19:13
i dont know as im still not sure what you have done thats different from yesterday? took tank out and refitted?

welsh_kroozer
03-07-2008, 19:17
havent done anything different apart from bridge +b and fp on the diagnostics port for a few secs and then start the engine, do you prime the fuel system before you start your engines?