PDA

View Full Version : intermittant window fault

chr15_84t3
09-06-2008, 20:36
had a quicke search but couldnt find anything here so hoping someone has suffered the same problem and its a quick fix, if not, i'm gonna bake with the windows left up when im driving till i can get round to sorting it lol

fault : electricimal bits (drivers and passenger window, eleccy mirrors and door and window lock) in the drivers and passenger doors work intermittantly. sometimes fixed by leaving for a while/slamming car door/turning ignition on and off.

i've just had the door switches out trying to find a loose connection but everything seems to be ok, as it does at the connector block under the dash.

if noone knows i'll just have to try and trace it this week, just thought i'd ask.

cheers for any help in advance guys and gals :)

welsh_kroozer
09-06-2008, 21:06
hey chris... pull all the connectors you can find appart and give them a squirt with wd40... and a give the connectors a good clean with a sharp screw driver... if that doesnt work then bring it to me and i will have a look if any of the wires are split for you or if theres any shorts...

i got a massive tin of wd40 and penetrating fluid here aswell if you need some

welsh_kroozer
09-06-2008, 21:08
also... i will try my window controls on it aswell... see if that sorts it... seeing as you have had that apart to do the led's...

im free on wensday as usual

chr15_84t3
09-06-2008, 21:52
cheers mate :) if it carries on was gonna have a go over the weekend and take a proper look. windows are up now so its ok for the night. had a long day in college and had to work on the park when i got back so didnt have the heart to start stripping things down to take a proper look. lizzie said it happens on her yaris as well so thought it might be one of those common, easily sorted faults. might give the wd40 idea a go tomoz evening, got about 8 cans of it here lol

welsh_kroozer
09-06-2008, 23:05
if its water getting into your t-bar that might cause it... which a bit of wd40 and a clean might sort out

Garbe
09-06-2008, 23:06
You have probably got a problem with the wiring going from the car body into the door. The wires break and short as it goes into the door. What you will need to do is pull the connectors from inside the car and pull it through the a-frame. Inside the rubber (where it goes from car body into door) You will find the wires have broken. What you'll need to do is re-solder and re-insulate the wires.

I had this problem in my drivers door a few years ago.

welsh_kroozer
09-06-2008, 23:18
u huh... like i said...

hopefully wont be that tho and might be a fault with the switches... then again, its not too much hassle to resolder and re seal the wires...

we will have a look at it chris :thumbsup:

Garbe
10-06-2008, 00:23
Just giving the benefit of my own experience

chr15_84t3
10-06-2008, 00:23
thanks for the replies guys, gonna have a wd40 spray fest tomoz then and pray it works. thinking about it tho i may have made the schoolboy error of washing my windscreen and having my window open......

welsh_kroozer
10-06-2008, 02:17
Just giving the benefit of my own experience

i wouldnt have thought about checking the wires until last thing, but seeing as you had the same problem, would be 1 of the 1st things to check :thumbsup: