PDA

View Full Version : Starting A SW20 V6 SWAP

evl_132
03-04-2008, 05:01
Hey everyone,

Long time reader first time poster. My names Adrian and im from Australia. Now Ive been looking at these awesome v6 sw20's and I have been persuaded into undertaking the swap myself. I have a few questions.

What parts do i need from a donor car (96 3vzfe camry). I found one in a wreckers and want to know what i do and don't need. Keeping in mind I wish to retain air con as it gets quiet hot where I am from time to time.

Apart from that just little questions like what rpm will i sit on at 100ks (62mph)? Thats about it for now, Jameus off these forums also from Australia has answered alot of my questions so far!

Thanks- Adrian

Whore of Babylon
03-04-2008, 05:13
Hey man, Im down i Tassie and im collecting parts to make my 1MZ swap a reality, got a hotmail account? im making a AUS V6 msn list for when we need some instant advice and a general chat.

My plans atm are 1MZ with either ITB's or SC depends whats cheapest and what i find first.

Cheers,
WoB Aka John

evl_132
12-04-2008, 14:55
Hey, my hotmail is evl_132@hot.com. Also dont suppose you have seen the 1mz on ebay at the moment. Looks good

Guys im looking for a bit more help and direction

Paul Woods
12-04-2008, 15:24
welcome to TB adrian,you will need...

engine (obviously) with all ancilliaries
harness
ecu
exhaust downpipes
acis vacuum cannister
4th ecu plug (runs to body harness under dash,chop it off with 6" wire)
coilpack/ignitor
afm and all induction pipework