PDA

View Full Version : I think my clutch is slightly faulty..

Fizzy
09-03-2008, 22:32
Ok, this is actually what came out of the celica when the gearbox came off last weekend, but its a 3SGE engine with an S54 (?) gearbox.

It was changed about a year ago with a "bluprint" part, and while the garage were at it then snapped the speedo sensor wires off at the connector...

Wondered why it wasn't working too well anymore. A picture says a thousand words...

http://www.wizardry.plus.com/Pics/clutchcover.jpg

...does this look simply like a problem/fault with the clutch, or can it be caused by something else?

Marksman
09-03-2008, 22:41
I've heard of a three paddle clutch but I don't think that's what they meant! Glad you found the fault though :thumbsup:

Owen.

snowtigger
10-03-2008, 00:33
that is a catastrophic failure of a clutch there wot u have is a defective part, that could have caused some one major pain if it had exploded out the side of the bell housing.
slap a new one in there dude itll be rite.

Fizzy
10-03-2008, 01:34
that is a catastrophic failure of a clutch there wot u have is a defective part, that could have caused some one major pain if it had exploded out the side of the bell housing.
slap a new one in there dude itll be rite.

New one already in along with disk and bearing. Works now with the engine running etc. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything else I needed to check/get sorted that may have caused it in the first place.

All I need to do now is fit new brake disks and track rod ends (as well as check the gearbox oil level) and it will be on the road!... :jump: