PDA

View Full Version : Wiper arms

MegatronUK
31-10-2005, 19:47
These are about the only parts we actually need in order to get the car through an MOT.... the problem is that I've only got the basic wiper arms themselves... no way to actually attach the wiper blade or refills to them!

They've got two small 'screw' holes in the end of them.

Are the actual wiper attachments available to buy?

Marksman
31-10-2005, 20:36
Yup I've bought replacement "fitting kits" in Halfords BUT... They do a big name brand and an own brand. One of these is OK and the other says it'll fit but doesn't, and I'm afraid I can't remember which is which so I'd go armed with the wiper arm if it were me :?

Cheers,

Owen.

Frogge
03-11-2005, 00:30
I've bought just about every so called compatible wiper available from Halfords. So far none has proven satisfactory.
If you want, I'll send you the rejects

MegatronUK
03-11-2005, 12:23
Got a pair of new Bosch wipers from the local factors... neither adaptor piece worked... but luckily we managed to find a couple in my dads vast collection of old bits, probably from some obscure Bedford, Ford or British Leyland :wink:

86AW11
11-11-2005, 01:55
The adapters are readily available here. Let me know if you need some.

superchargedsam
11-11-2005, 09:05
Can anyone tell me if the drivers side windscreen wiper should have a spoiler on it by default as my charger aint and at any speed above 69mph on the motorway in the rain I cant see didly squat ! I have a feeling my NA did so might whip them off that next week when I am there if it does but just wondered if it was supposed to be on there !