PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte ecu's

adamh
23-10-2007, 22:54
quick question, if i had a revision 2 turbo, could i use a revision 1 ecu? i cant understand what the differences are!? anyone shed any light will it work?

weegaz22
23-10-2007, 23:23
as far as i know adam you need to change a few pinouts but it will work

adamh
23-10-2007, 23:52
yup cheers gaz, i've had a read up, about 21 pinouts to be precise lol ,.. alternativley, and legend has it, just get a rev 1 loom onto the rev2 engine and it will plug in , in all places, and run perfectly with the rev 1 loom/ecu, not much difference in the engines electrically. someone may come along and put me right there but the majoirty of old thread on mr2 sites display the same conclusion.
somebody just brought my mines ecu, ive a sneaking suspiscion he has a rev2 turbo, im just seeing if theres a way around it for him. fitting a rev 1 loom is easy enough i think.

Murf
24-10-2007, 13:24
i'm pretty sure its just a case of swapping a couple of pins in the ecu plugs. If you have the pinouts for the rev1 and rev2 it should be pretty simple!

weegaz22
24-10-2007, 13:31
i'm pretty sure its just a case of swapping a couple of pins in the ecu plugs. If you have the pinouts for the rev1 and rev2 it should be pretty simple!

id post up the ecu pinouts that came on my FCD as im sure it has rev1 and 2 on it but i think the instructions are over at my mums house in my overalls pocket, ill pop up to the car later and check for you

ive seen a few posts on imoc saying that it was only a few pins difference, think that might have been on one of jeremys threads on the ecu's

adamh
24-10-2007, 19:08
och i dunno, it all becomes a bit much sometimes lol, dont worry too much for now gaz im just searching options in the event etc..

Murf
24-10-2007, 22:38
I think the wiring manual for my apexi AVCR has all the pinouts listed in it, should be easy to find/download!